* Tired of the jello from your GoPro Hero3, Hero 3+ and Hero 4 ,on the DJI Phantom, or any other Drone?
Note - *52mm Adapter also included while supplies last!
Adapter may be purchased here:
Blurfix 3.0 Micro 52mm Adapter for GoPro Hero 3, Hero 3+ and Hero 4
This filter will help reduce a great deal of the jello by reducing the artifacts caused by the rolling shutter in the GoPro camera.
Great for video, still, digital and photos. They have four main uses:
- Enables slower shutter speeds to be used. To display movement instead of freezing motion. Example, creative waterfall shots.
- Decreases depth of field. Effecively blurring the background.
- Reduces the amount of light reaching the sensor, but with no affect on color balance. Reduces light intensity, (sunshine, snow etc).
- Allow video cameras to operate in bright light
Marumi Neutral Density Filter Multicoated
Reduction of light without impaired colours
- Excellent workmanship
- Produced by CVD-process
- High quality filter
This ND-Filter reduces light of all colours and wavelengths equally without deficit in colour reproduction. It prolongs the exposure time. E.g. from 1/15 to 1/8. This facilitates to take pictures with time exposure even in bright light.
ND filters will allow you to use longer shutter speeds by reducing the amount of light entering the lens to give moving water the silky look. This is especially helpful on bright days. Another advantage is they also allow you to use larger apertures on bright days to give a smaller DOF to isolate your subject from the background (the blurred background effect).
The filters of Marumi posses a high quality. There are produced by the CVD-process (chemical vapour deposition). This process effects that even complex surfaces are coated equable.
Marumi is one the leading manufacturers for filters and is appreciated by professional photographers for the high quality of the filter glasses and the premium workmanship.
- NEO Multi-coated Neutral Density.
- ND4 Exposure Factor : 4 (2 F-stops)
- Metal, double threaded frame to allow additional filters or hoods.
- Made in Japan
- For use with the SRP Micro 52mm only!
- Without the housing for lightweight application (i.e. RC multi-rotor & aircraft)
52 mm Marumi Neutral Density 4 (ND4). This filter has the same percentage light transmittance as the Tiffen 0.6 (optical density) neutral density filter. A ND4 filter cuts all light by 75%. This forces the Hero3 to slow its shutter speed. An ND filter is often used to reduce or eliminate prop blur for general aviation videography and minimize the "jello effect" experienced in some radio controlled applications.
Consider using this filter if you are filming the following sports:
- High vibration motorsports
- Multi-rotor RC
- General aviation
Tip: If you are experiencing one of the undesirable effects of rolling shutter like prop blur or the jello effect then consider having multiple ND filters with you during filming. The ND filter choice you make will be based on the severity of the vibration experienced by the camera and lighting conditions present at the time of filming. For instance, if I fly my quadcopter late in the evening I don't put any filters on my Hero3. If I did this in the middle of the day on a cloudless bright sunny day, I would see lots of jello in my video -- so I use an ND0.9. If conditions are some where in between, I'l use an ND0.6.